Shipping & Delivery
- Shipping rates at rewind bits are straightforward. On this site, you are charged a flat fee for shipping, regardless of how much you purchase. Currently this is as follows
UK: £1.50 flat rate, free shipping over £20.00 (see below)
International: Now just £2.00 flat rate
Free Shipping Offer (currently UK only): Spend over the free shipping threshold and your basket will automatically qualify for free shipping. Offer is available only to UK residents.
- Note: Free shipping offers and thresholds are subject to future changes. Always confirm the shipping cost estimation in your shopping cart for up to date information.
- Note: We are a mail order company, and do not operate a showroom or store or trade counter at this time. We are unable to accept visitors for product collection at our headquarters. This may change in the future.
- We ship most items within 1 working day. This is subject to public holidays, and weekends. Occasionally, items may take up to 3 working days to ship, but this is rare. Delivery times vary, but the expected delivery times are as follows:
- UK: 1-3 working days. All items are shipped by first class or better.
- Europe: 2-5 working days. All items are shipped by priority airmail.
- Worldwide: 5-10 working days. All items are shipped by priority airmail.
- Worst Case: Occasionally items do suffer delays in the mail. We are at the mercy of global mail services, these are the maximum times your mail can take before being considered lost:
- UK: 2 weeks, unless subject to known delays (e.g. weather, acts of god), then 3 weeks.
- Europe: 3 weeks, unless subject to known delays (i.e. those published on the UK Royal Mail website service update here ), then 4 weeks.
- Worldwide: 4 weeks.
- It is important to note that we may require you to wait for the duration specified above before considering an order lost.
Privacy & Security
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998).
We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and second, to provide you with the best possible service.
We will not e-mail or contact you in the future unless you have given us your consent, either by reply to direct contact or by opt-in subscription to our newsletter.
We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us in the future.
We will never sell or pass any of your information to any other party.
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
Note: We will never collect or store your credit/debit card details. You are passed to a secure payment processor to complete payment.
Note: We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first.
We use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This is done by means of a "cookie" which is stored on your browser. If you wish, you can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can theoretically be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. However we will only ever use this information at a high level, to analyse trends, to help serve our customers better. For example, we may analyse which operating system or browser you are using to optimise our site, or we may look for popular search keywords used to help us direct users to the right pages. Please note that the only identifiable data stored by this method is IP address, no other identifiable or sensitive data is stored or correlated.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should contact us here.
- Payment on rewind bits is in GBP sterling only (£). No other option is available. Typically your chosen payment gateway will allow you to convert your currency into GBP Sterling (£), but note that your credit card company may charge a fee or a rate not equal to the current exchange rate.
- Payments by Paypal typically allow you to see the amount you will be charged in your local currency, but only if you use the Paypal conversion system (which is normally the default)
- UK Cheques, International Bank Transfer and UK Postal Orders are also accepted. You can pay by Cheque or Postal order through the shopping cart, for International Bank Transfer please contact us for further details.
Returns & Replacements
- Please see our no quibble guarantee page for full details about our returns policy
Conditions of Use (The Legal Bit!)
- OUR CONTRACT
These Terms and Conditions govern the supply of goods sold by rewind ("we" and "us") to the customer named on the web order form provided on the rewind bits website, via telephone or point of sale agreement ("you"). Our acceptance of your order by delivery of the goods constitutes a legally binding contract between us on these terms and conditions.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
1. The price payable for the goods you order is as set out on our web site at the time you place your order plus any charges for carriage and insurance as set out in the web order form. 2. We must receive payment for the whole of the price of the goods you order, and any applicable charges for carriage and insurance, before your order can be accepted unless we have agreed otherwise in advance in writing.
DELIVERY AND TITLE
Unless you tell us you wish to collect the goods, we will deliver them in accordance with your order. In the unlikely event that you have not received all the goods within 7 days of the date of delivery (or where you have requested a delayed despatch within 7 days of the requested despatch date), you must notify us immediately.
While we endeavour to hold sufficient stock to meet all orders, if we have insufficient stock to supply or deliver the goods ordered and paid for by you, we may, at our discretion, supply or deliver a substituted product, delay delivery until the product is in stock, or refund you the price paid for such goods as soon as possible and in any case within 30 days. If such substitution, delay or refund needs to take place, your agreement to the same will be requested by e-mail or telephone immediately.
CANCELLATION AND RETURNS
- 1. You may cancel your order by giving us notice of cancellation within 14 days of receipt. Such notice may be given by mailing, telephoning or emailing to the number or address set out on the web site. If you are cancelling because of any problem with the goods, please notify us of the problem immediately after the time of delivery outlining your reasoning.
2. On cancellation, you must return the goods to us at your cost unless the goods are being returned because they are faulty, incorrect goods or because of unsuitable substitution by us, in which case we will meet the cost of return but we insist that you allow us to nominate the carrier.
3. If appropriate, a full refund will be made within 30 days of cancellation.
If you have notified us of a problem with the goods, we will (at your option) either make good any shortage or non-delivery; replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective upon delivery; or refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question. We will not be liable to you for any loss of profits, administrative inconvenience, disappointment, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem in relation to the goods (unless reasonably supposed to be as a direct result of inadequate consideration of or incorrect communication regarding product specifications or usage) and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than any refund we make under these conditions. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor is it intended to exclude our liability to you for fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.